How you collect saliva makes a big diagnostic difference. To incorporate the use of saliva into molecular diagnostic testing protocols or implement actual real-world mass-testing in scalable scenarios, requires an authorized, proven, validated, and supported system that actually mitigates risk of exposure and a device engineered to increase testing accuracy.
The SDNA saliva collection devices have been engineered to lead the saliva collection market in clinical diagnostic and research applications. This self-contained saliva collection system provides critical sample consistency and long-term stability while preserving and protecting DNA and RNA transcripts post-collection for sensitive and specific analysis.
Sample self-collection using an SDNA collection kit provides 100% in-device live viral neutralization at room temperature. This mitigates any risk of exposure for all downstream processes and eliminates the need for UN3373 biohazard shipping designation with clearance from USPS, FedEx, & UPS.
Preservation formulation is able to identify viral RNA infections at their earliest stage from as few as 200 copies/ml (lateral flow rapid antigen tests need 10,000-20,000 copies/ml). Viral RNA samples maintain the highest bio-sample efficacy with well over two weeks post-collection stability for optimal testing accuracy. In addition, samples require no special temperature-controlled storage or transport.
Spectrum’s saliva collection systems ship with verified, unique barcode serialization for biosample digital chain-of-custody. Additionally, customized secondary packaging, kitting, and direct-to-patient fulfillment options are available to solve any special project or testing workflow requirements.
Choosing the wrong saliva collection device can introduce and increase critical failure points. Spectrum’s new and technically-superior saliva collection systems are the answer your teams and projects have been waiting for.
Click here to learn more on the SDNA being the first saliva collection device to be authorized for COVID-19 testing.
- First saliva collection device FDA authorized for COVID-19 testing
- Formulation identifies infections at its earliest stage from as few as 200 copies/ml (lateral flow rapid tests need 10,000-20,000 copies/ml)
- 100% Inactivation of the live virus within the device at ambient temps
- Mitigates any risk of infection throughout the testing process
- Non-invasive & painless collection maintaining critical biosample consistency
- Delivers 99.998% highest levels of testing accuracy & sensitivity
- Single device for DNA & viral RNA applications
- No post-collection temperature-controlled storage or transport of saliva samples
- Well over 10 days of post-collection stability with no degradation in sample efficacy
- Formulation provides safe, immediate testing with no hood containment
- Process numerous tests from a single saliva sample
- Shipping clearance from USPS, FedEx, and UPS eliminating UN3373 sample designation
- Pinpoint life-cycle stage of active viral infection
- Mass-testing scalability & easy device integration using validated and supported processes